- Family-friendly music festival featuring six headliner concerts including Poncho Sanchez, MALO and more
- Amazing performances by local bands and cultural groups at Zocalo stage
- Delicious, authentic cuisine from across Latin America
The sounds, colours, and culture of Viva La Música are back by popular demand at SeaWorld San Diego every Saturday and Sunday from May 7-22. Visitors can enjoy the thrilling rides and amazing animals of SeaWorld while experiencing this family-friendly event featuring live Latin music, cultural performances, and delicious, authentic Latin-inspired cuisine in a fun festival atmosphere.
Sensational Live Latin Musical Performances
Highlighted by a fantastic live concert series at Nautilus Amphitheater, SeaWorld’s Viva La Música is a celebration of Latin culture through great music, food, and festive décor. Offering a different tribute band for beloved, iconic Latin artists every event evening, the headliner concert lineup includes:
- May 7: Anything for Salinas Band - One of the most loved and talented Selena Quintanilla tribute artists today dedicated to the late queen of Tex-Mex and gives audiences the opportunity to relive all the music and magic of Selena!
- May 8: Poncho Sanchez - A Grammy award-winner and Latin Jazz icon lights up the stage with rich music that embraces a combination of straight-ahead jazz, gritty soul, and infectious melodies and rhythms from a variety of Latin American and South American sources.
- May 14: the Mariachi Divas – Enjoy a spirited mix of melodies, ranging from American pop music to Mexican folk songs and traditional tunes—all sung by the all-female Mariachis Divas, a groundbreaking, two-time Grammy® Award-winning musical group.
- May 15: The Outlaw Mariachi – Move your body to the traditional mariachi sounds and high-powered American and Latin rock energy of The Outlaw Mariachi. Get ready for classic rock hits, romantic ballads, comedic surprises, and much more as this all-star group brings the audience out of their seats!
- May 21: MALO – Enjoy the unique musical style developed during the Latin Rock explosion of the early 1970sand hearing the Top 20 hit “Suavecito” and other great songs by this “bad” band!
- May 22: Corazón De Maná- The ultímate tribute to Maná covered by five “manáticos” as they deliver a live experience that’s practically like seeing and hearing all the greatest hits!
In addition, guests can head to SeaWorld’s Zocalo Stage located at SkyTower Lawn to see a variety of music and cultural performances from Southern California musical groups throughout the day. All concerts* are included with guest admission and those looking for the best seats in the house can opt to purchase reserved seating in advance for either daily show at https://seaworld.com/san-diego/events/viva-la-musica.
Spiced Up Food and Drinks All Weekend Long
In addition to amazing live concerts, the festival includes a variety of dining locations where guests can savor authentic, Latin-inspired drinks and dishes. Stop by any of these limited- time street food mercados:
- Antojitos offers tasty and refreshing ALL-NEW Latin-style snacks including Tostilocos, Esquites, Vaso de Fruta and Chamango, all combining Mexican spices with fresh fruit or veggies.
- Tacos at Baja Grill is serving freshly made-to-order tacos including chicken tinga tacos, carnitas tacos, and a vegetarian option of pulled jackfruit plant-based tacos. A perfect finish to tacos is a slice of churro cheesecake, complete with whipped cream and caramel.
- Nachos Y Burritos is grilling the finest of meat choices with carnitas or carne asada nachos or burrito options, all complete with the tastiest toppings. Cool down with the ALL-NEW Fresas Con Crema, a delicious blend of strawberries, vanilla and cream
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc.
SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) is a leading theme park and entertainment company providing experiences that matter, and inspiring guests to protect animals and the wild wonders of our world. The Company is one of the world's foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company collectively cares for one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The Company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 39,000 animals in need over the last 55 years. SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. owns or licenses a portfolio of recognized brands including SeaWorld, Busch Gardens®, Aquatica®, Sesame Place® and Sea Rescue®. Over its more than 55-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 12 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection. The Company's theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.
*Concerts are subject to change.